What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for parts source for Aerosance FADEC

sf260

Greetings all --

I acquired a RV-7A with an experimental 180HP IO-360 with the AeroSance FADEC package installed two years ago. No issues to-date other than having to replace the backup battery (actually a $30 12V alarm battery) ...

So I'm looking for some spares. Maybe an injector and an inline filter.

I've seen the thread for installing a 5 micron Mallory 3160 fuel filter that seems to be really cheap insurance against gumming up the expensive and hard to find parts for works and plan on doing that this season.

With the demise of Mattituck and other changes at Continental I'm very concerned no parts are to be available for my system. A call to Continental today yielded a big question mark for even finding a proper part number for an injector or a filter.

From what I gather there are some IO-240s and IO-550s with the system flying out there (in Liberty's and unsure what else) that Continental are officially "sort of" supporting. As for the Lycoming folks it seems we are on our own for good.

Dave Martin from Continental told me there were multiple kinds of injectors for the system. The IO-360s were first supplied with "version A" that was later changed to "version B" due to various issues -- "version B" is the same injector as is used on the IO-550 package and the IO-360 ECU needs a software update to use "version B" injectors. It seems Dave Martin is now gone from the company as are many other folks who had some knowledge of the system.

One question that someone out here might answer is if the "version A" injectors are the same as are on the smaller "currently supported" engine (IO-240?)..

My system runs just fine as it is and I'd like to keep it if possible.

Aerosance FADEC

I am running an Aerosance FADEC on an O360-A1A and the injectors are the following: Model MPC-160, P/N 11726-2C.
These are not the original injectors as supplied by Aerosance but a replacement given to me by Continental to help resolve a series of issues. I took the trouble to look up the price of these ane they are quite pricey.
The FADEC works quite well but it took a lot of work resolving some major issues. I have a contact at Continental which I can give you but this was 4+ years ago so it may be a little dated. I can send it to you by private email if you desire.
Val K.
RV-8
N81VK

Aerosance FADEC Parts

I've bought a brand new Mattituck XP-360 with the FADEC system and want to convert it to standard ignition and fuel system. I'm thinking on selling the complete system to rise funds to the Slick Mags and Fuel Injection or a Carburetor. Send me an email if you are interested ([email protected]).

Fabricio Pereira

Back