What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Panel/Pilot Center Dimensions (-7 or -9)

RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
As a recent recipient of my fuse kit, I am starting to do a bit of preliminary (very preliminary) panel planning and I am looking to locate the center of the pilot/control stick on the panel, as there are a few instruments I would like to put as close to dead-center of the pilot (me) as possible.

Does anybody know where the center of the pilot/passenger would be on the blank panel. In other words, if you came straight forward from the center of the stick to the panel, where would that point be as measured from the edge of the blank panel?

Thanks.

Last edited:
those ribs that hold the panel to the fuselage (one on each side) are dead-center of the pilot..

Cut it out.

Brad,
If you want anything centred, you will have to modify the subpanel.
DAN did it very neatly and it is on his website.
http://www.rvproject.com/

I took a different approach and replaced it with a couple of Aluminium Angles. See the pics on the post recently.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=15133

Pete.
If you want to come and look at mine you're are welcome.... but I think Dan is a little closer to you.
P.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Of course the plans show the controls relative to the fuse, and the subpanel relative to the fuse, but not both at the same time. :)

Thanks for the links, and the invite. I am aware of the subpanel issues and is why I am starting the process early.

Cheers,

Brad-If you're doing a slider (?) Radomir is right. Vans was real nice and placed the ribs dead-center on the pilot! :mad: Just use the screw hole that is lower than all the other perimeter holes... that's where the rib is and where the stick would center. Can't speak for the tip up panel though. Happy planning.... and changing your mind.... and changing your mind some more....! :D

Good to hear from you Steve

I am building a tipper, but I still have the F-745 fuselage rib to deal with, which I believe is in the same location as the 7107 ribs you mention. I misspoke earlier by saying "sub-panel", but the bottom line is that I will probably still have a few mods to perform.

You're right on one thing... changing my mind. First step will be figure out what I want and calculating how much it will cost. Based on that I will most likely then figure out what I need. :D

Last edited:
RV7Factory said:
You're right on one thing... changing my mind.
A) First step will be figure out what I want and calculating how much it will cost.
B) Based on that I will most likely then figure out what I need. :D

But you place the order after step A... ;)

Back