What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for help with MSFS RV-8 Project

RV10simbuilder

I'm New Here
As some of you may have seen, we are building a RV-10 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. However, most of its avionics will take some time to code (on the magnitude of weeks/months), so we have decided to build an RV-8 while we are waiting. In fact, its modeling has begun already. While the RV-8 will be very detailed and accurate, we've opted to include an analog gauge set as opposed to the fancy modern glass cockpits due to time constraints (we're saving the glass for the -10).

We are looking for one (two at most) real life RV-8 pilot that would be willing to help us develop and test a model for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and 10. If anyone is interested, please PM or email me. This would be on a strictly voluntary basis- you would not be paid for your help. However you would be given due credit in the product manual and receive the finished product at no cost. Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

William M.

Hey there 10simbuilder and all,
First post for me, but have been a lurker since a ride in an RV4 in the spring. Long story, but that ride rekindled my love of flying and led me to becoming a member of the Tucson Soaring Club on my fortieth birthday. By the end of the winter I will be ready for my check ride and in time will go for motors with hopes for an RV 4 or 8.
As a avid fan of MSFS since the Sub-Logic days I just had to post to tell you that you made my day! I have been hoping for a 4 or 8 in FSX for some time and can not wait to see the results of your work. I am so sick of flying the Extra!:rolleyes:

It is great to be part of this RV community, even if now I am still just a dreamer. I guess there is a lot of folks here that once were dreamers too.
Good Holiday to you all.

Kevin Purcell
Founder and Board Chair of Arthritis Introspective
Uniting people with arthritis during the prime of life
www.arthritisintrospective.org

Last edited:
Glad you are interested.

All I can get now is FS models of the 8 and 10. Every year at EAA Airventure I see countless Vans all over the place. Someday I would love to build my own real one and fly-in myself. That's quite a ways off though :(

I'd be happy to help! I've sorta let my MSFS atrophy (except for using it to do unofficial IFR currency), but that's cause I have been busy putting 850 hours on my RV-8......let me know what you need, and I'll find a little time for a worthy project like this!

Paul

As a avid fan of MSFS since the Sub-Logic days I just had to post to tell you that you made my day! I have been hoping for a 4 or 8 in FSX for some time and can not wait to see the results of your work. I am so sick of flying the Extra!:rolleyes:

Kevin Purcell
Founder and Board Chair of Arthritis Introspective
Uniting people with arthritis during the prime of life
www.arthritisintrospective.org

Kevin,
There are models of BOTH the RV-4 and RV-8 available on Simviation. But... They are very poor models, they are hard to fly and not very detailed. I would LOVE to see a highly detailed RV-8 for MSFS 9. I had the RV-7 that FFS put out and it was well worth the $4.00 I paid for it. Sadly, my computer crashed and I didn't have it backed up. FFS is now defunct and you can't get it anymore. :(

RV10simbuilder,
I look forward to flying a detailed -8 on MSFS!!! Keep up the good work!

Everyone who has volunteered should have an email waiting for them. Please read it and respond with the information I need.

Thank you

Back