What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for an RV Buddy!

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
New RV-7 owner here (last August). I an hoping to find an RV friend/mentor/A&P in the NJ area. I have been struggling through some small maintenance and repairs with just what I can learn from the internet. I've done well enough but I was hoping to make a local friend that is knowledgeable and experienced (not someone that is just a hack like me :eek:) that might be able to look over my shoulder on some maintenance and whatnot. My plane is hangared in Farmingdale at KBLM. I have collected a lot of the tools I need and have plenty of space to work but I could really use someone to give me some hands-on help from time to time. I do not have a mechanic on the field (at least not one that is accessible). I have worked on cars my hole life but obviously, airplanes have their own special requirements and standards.

I am an EAA member and have met some very nice people out in Pittstown but I haven't been able to cultivate that relationship. Their meetings are on the other side of the state from mee on weeknights so it is not that easy for me to get there from work in NYC.

If anyone would like to meet, I am happy to buy lunch!

Thanks!! Andy

post your specific questions here. then watch the answers appear. otherwise keep looking for a mechanic you can work with. :)

I need a mentor too. For both flying and maintaining. Spanish speaking single female preferred location doesn't matter. :D

Vlad and his humor

Vlad.
Why is it that every post from you gets a smile or a good laugh. I am going to forward this link to every female I know that you described....wait till these women find out you are a pilot....a Russian pilot.....a adventurous Russian pilot...link view overload...you better post your best picture...VAFmatchmaker.com:)

You fly with Vlad, weird things happen.

2qsnwo7.jpg

Gentlemen please stop derailing Andy's good thread. Good mentors are far and few in between I could use some flight education and help with maintenance too.
I forgot how to fly this thing. Sometimes I get there but I don't remember how. Was it too windy or too rainy? Maintenance wise help wanted mostly for oil changes and bearings services.
Andy you need a guy like Bill Repucci.

Back