What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for advice on purchase of a -10

rdrcrmatt

Well Known Member
I'm interested to hear the opinion of someone who has built or is flying an RV-10 on how a plane I'm looking at is equipped. I'd like to know what trade-offs are involved regarding how it is built, avionics, what things could help it be a better plane, etc.

I'd prefer to keep it off the main board to get honest opinions. If you're willing to give advice let me know and I'll shoot you a PM.

You would be better off looking at the RV-10 threads and send an email to a few folks that post often (and you think their opinions are credible) and ask for help. You aren't going to get many responses asking them to PM you.

Great airplane.

Matt, I've been flying mine around 7 years and the love affair just grows. I added a Garmin 430 a year after I bought it and fly IFR fairly often. The -10 is an incredibly stable, comfortable and fast (202 MPH true) airplane and 6" wider than a Skyhawk/Skylane.

We see 200 MPH at 7,500-8,000' feet regularly, at 75% power, with four average people aboard, full fuel and 100 # of baggage!

It has fresh air vents for each occupant, plus front and rear heat, individually controlled.

You can't go wrong with a -10.

Best,

Back