What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for adaptor

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Looking for an adaptor that I can't find.:eek:

Nylo Seal female that will connect directly to an AN4 Flare Fitting instead of a NPT fitting.

Back when I built the wing, I installed aluminum hardline for the pitot line to the wing base and put an AN bulkhead fitting on it. (you know how it is when you want to test out that new flaring tool). :rolleyes: Also seemed like a good ideal at the time.

Now, as I set up the pitot and static lines, I can't find the adaptor I'm looking for. :eek:

Worst case: pitot line -> AN4 flare -> coupling nut -> aluminum line -> coupling nut -> AN4 nipple -> Female Nylo Seal connector.
:( Not hard to make happen but I would prefer the fewer pieces

Best case: Female Nylo Seal Connector that fits an AN4 Flared Male. :)

Anybody seen one???
Thanks,

I'm in the same boat.

If you want to use a bulkhead fitting, you could use an AN832 plus an Earl's 916103ERL flare-to-NPT adapter, and then screw a 266-N connector onto it:

image013.jpg
+
small9161__.jpg
+
266n.jpg

Continued in next post due to limit on images per post...

Continued...

If you don't mind having your adapters hanging in space, you could use an AN816 plus a 266-N:

small9816__.jpg
+
266n.jpg

Of course the ideal thing would be if there was a Nylo-seal tube end that would thread directly onto a 37-degree flare, but I can't find one either! :confused:

mcb

JUST FLAIR IT.....

If you don't mind having your adapters hanging in space, you could use an AN816 plus a 266-N:

small9816__.jpg
+
266n.jpg

Of course the ideal thing would be if there was a Nylo-seal tube end that would thread directly onto a 37-degree flare, but I can't find one either! :confused:

mcb

Just flair the Nylo-seal tubing as you would the alum tubing.:cool:

Yup...

Just flair the Nylo-seal tubing as you would the alum tubing.:cool:

It wont make a perfect flair but because it is soft (compared to aluminum) it will conform to the fitting (and seal) when you use a sleave an B nut just as you would for aluminum.

I have been doing this for years.

small9816__.jpg
+
266n.jpg

mcb

Not sure there is a Nyloseal fitting like we want. I'll probably order the straight flare to thread fitting. Just a bit cleaner. Thanks for info. I will wait till Monday or so just in case one of us old geezers knows just where to find one of those parts we know should be there but can't find it.

Oh, well you didn't tell me you would accept a steel fitting... I was trying to keep it light to save you weight! ;) In that case, how about this guy:

aer-fbm2821_w_m.jpg

Aeroquip FBM2821, flare to female NPT bulkhead fitting, ten bucks from Summit Racing.

But really, I'll probably just flare the plastic tube as suggested above.

happy building,
mcb

The answer is too easy

OK folks - sometimes the answer is too easy. I can't believe what I learned yesterday.

Warren Morretti sent me an email and all you have to to is flair the nylon tubing and then you can use a coupling nut/sleeve. Just like aluminum line. Now that I think about it, since it is a a low pressure line, it makes so much sense.

Let's see, 1 connection, lighter weight, and parts on hand. This is WAY too easy.

Thanks so much everyone for the help.
Webb

Back