What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Longerons MIA?

JohnF

Well Known Member
I just opened the boxes this morning for a quick inspection and can't locate sub kit #10 which has the fuselage longerons...I received both the wing and fuselage kits...it was my understanding that the longerons would be in the wing crate...the long one...but can't find them...it seems improbable an entire sub kit wouild be missing...is there some odd place I could be missing?
As I can find time to open everything I hope they show up, but it now seems improbable...did you have to do a lot of looking to find them?
JohnF

Definitely in the fuselage crate

Yes- they are in the fuselage crate, wrapped together with other long items such as the hinge material for the fuselage. I recall them being at the bottom of the fuselage crate along the edge. Perhaps that is why you have not come across them during your quick inspection.

My longerons were in the fuselage kit. Just to confuse things Van's includes a memo in large print telling you that to save shipping longerons are in the wing crate. I called Van's when I got my wing kit and they told me to disregard, the memo relates to other RV models.

Thanks, fellows...I found the longerons...were in the fuselage kit, even tho the note Van sent sent said it would be in the wing kit...was under some cardboard that looked like the bottom of the box...all is well....will be inventorying and pealing plastic for a few days and trying to get all the changes straight before I do anything even close to riveting.

thanks again. JohnF

Sounds like a "form letter"

My 10 wing kit also had a memo about the "longerons" being in the kit and not to use them. Turns out, they didn't ship with the 10 wing kit either, and they will be arriving with the fuselage kit.

Back