What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Long Shot: any VAFers near Fukui Japan?

Well Known Member
Looks like I will be taking a short notice business trip to the west coast of Honshu next week. Anyone here have an RV based in the area around Komatsu airport in the Fukui or Ishikawa Prefectures?

Last edited:
Dave if you meet any GA pilot there ask them how easy (or difficult) is it to transit their airspace on N-numbers coming from UHSS. Not much info about that on the web. Ferry pilots keep lips tight and earth rounders don't have time to write about it.

Dave if you meet any GA pilot there ask them how easy (or difficult) is it to transit their airspace on N-numbers coming from UHSS. Not much info about that on the web. Ferry pilots keep lips tight and earth rounders don't have time to write about it.

Wilco; I hope to meet some aviators there, if possible.

My son, who helped me build my RV-10, flies a F-16 in Misawa. Timing is bad, he's actually going to be CONUS through the 2nd.

Vlad, me and I can give you his contact information. He shared with me is that there isn't much GA activity, but that doesn't imply that there are any issues flying GA.

Unfortunately for Japanese enthusiasts, they're not permitted to build and fly aircraft like RVs in Japan to my knowledge.

There is some limited GA activity in certified light aircraft, mostly in a flying club type setting at a few small airports around the country.

One of my friends from Japan was an aircraft technician working on commercial aircraft. He was totally amazed seeing my RV, and even more amazed that we were allowed to build them ourselves and fly them. His comment- "Canada is excellent! You are so lucky." We are indeed.

Japan is an amazing and lovely country. They have things we don't have here however, the limitations on general aviation are unfortunate.

Last edited:
Back