What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Logbook Entries

KALEWIS

Well Known Member
Are there any special logbook entries other than

"I certify that this aircraft was built with materials and instructions provided by Van's Aircraft Inc. I have inspected it and consider it eligible for an experimental airworthiness certificate for the purpose of operating Light-Sport aircraft under the provisions of FAR part 21.191(i)(2)."

Also, for the engine and prop, are ground run tests logged as well?

This is all prior to our inspection on July 20th.

Thanks

Looks like you've got it. That's the only "required" entry.

If you want to put entries in the engine & prop logs, that's fine, but not required.

My DAR provided a couple of stickers with wording on them to sign. "...and is in condition for safe operation" is one of the phrases. He also provided very specific wording to log after Phase 1 flight testing is complete. You should also have all of the Service bulletins that have come out from Vans, Rotax, and Sensenich printed and in your binder. I had a summary page of listing each one and (mostly) that they were inapplicable to my serial number (several ROTAX ones), or that they were complied with (like the prop hub replacement, Van's fuel tank mods, nose gear crack check, etc.)
(This is NOT meaning to start a discussion as to whether Service Bulletin compliance is mandatory after registration. But to get your registration it may make it easier on you to have this in one easy place.) Bill H.

Back