What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Loehle paints anyone??

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
I've used Loehle's primer and wonder-fil with pretty good results on the fiberglass.
I'd like to stay with same product line all the way through but they seem like a very small operation.
Does anyone have any actual experience with using their paints?

Thanks,
Tom Hanaway
RV-10
Boynton Beach, FL

I painted my RV-10 with their paint. It's a bit tempermental to temps and thinning. You MUST use the thinner Mike specs for the temps in the booth. The red seemed a bit low on solids compared to others I've used. It is prone to orange peel. One advantage is that it is pretty easy to color sand and buff out any problem areas. The clear really is easy to spray and seals up the whole job nicely. It is durable and looks good a year later. FWIW, I would look at another option if only for local support and the capability to pickup supplies if needed. It was NOT the easiest paint I've applied compared to PPG and Dupont two part single stage polys I've have used prior. If I had to do it again I would use another brand, at a minimum you save shipping costs and it is more expensive that the auto version of the same type.

Back