What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Location of single point ground on RV-10?

Bob Brown

Well Known Member
On my RV-7, I'm still living with a poor choice made early on in the build process by putting my "forest of grounds" single point ground in a poor location sort of directly above the battery. It interferes with changing out my battery...not that it can't be done, but I have to remove several wires from the ground tabs, use a duct tape hoist method and hold my tongue and roll my right eyeball just right to get the battery in and out. So where are people putting that single point ground from B &C on the firewall of the RV-10?? Are you happy with where you put it? If you're not, why? Where would you put it "next time?" I've looked at lots of RV-10 build sites, but haven't seen much detail in this area. I plan on three stainless wiring penetrations from Plane Innovations, two 1" and 1 3/4" to handle all the sensors and electrical stuff. So come on guys, come forth with all the pics of your single point ground installations...please!

Bob, I put mine on the cabin side of the firewall in the middle just below the horizontal cross member. It seemed to work well, and I plan to do it again.

Vic

On the sub panel, lower edge, just to the right of the radio stack.

2002680110807827449_rs.jpg

Here is early on in the installation, only a couple of ground wires on the tabs, most were added when the instrument panel went in.

How about you Stein?

You're building my panel with the G900...you know how many dozens of grounds I'm gonna have and you know RV-10's...what is your opinion on where to put it (or most importantly....NOT put it)?

Back