What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Location of ELT & Strobe Power Pack aft of baggage area

mikehoover

Well Known Member
Anyone have photos of how they mounted their ELT and strobe power pack aft of the baggage compartment? I am planning on installing a Trutrak servo at the bellcrank so I don't want to mount them too close to that area. Thanks!

I used Z-brackets

I just got extra z-brackets used for mounting the fuel tanks and riveted them to the bottom of the fuse for the strobe power supply. The ELT I mounted under the emp. fairing. I can't post pictures at work, but when I get home I will try to post one.

Kent

mikehoover said:
Anyone have photos of how they mounted their ELT and strobe power pack aft of the baggage compartment? I am planning on installing a Trutrak servo at the bellcrank so I don't want to mount them too close to that area. Thanks!

Check Dan's CG database before you commit to this. I don't know about 9s but 7s tend to be a bit tail heavy. I put my ELT and strobe supply just aft of the baggage wall (copying many builders), and if I had it to do over again I would put them more forward. In fact, next annual I'm going to move the ELT.

I put my AK-450 ELT behind the passenger seat, fwd of the flap arm. I attached it to a base plate and Z angles, then pull-riveted the angles to the seat floor. Im mounting the antenna on the back side the aft center flap brace. The remote cable goes down through the seat floor (through a grommet), then forward under the seat to the spar, then through spar with my other wires.

I made some Z brackets for my strobe power supply and riveted it to the bottom skin behind the baggage wall, pilot side, about 6 inches behind the bulkhead.

Jekyll
7A

Back