What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Little Air to Air

petehowell

Well Known Member
Kate and I went up tonight to continue her "training" and swap air to air photos with Peter Fruehling. I know his pics will be better than mine, so I figure I can get a few points for posting first. We started over Forest Lake and snapped photos all the way to Saint Cloud. (Track here) Shot a bunch and got a few keepers.....

This plane at one time held some Canadian altitude record - it went up to some absurd height.

Things are Green Up North
7-14%20Air%20to%20Air_053.JPG

Smile PJ!
7-14%20Air%20to%20Air_076.JPG

Flying and Boating - Fun in the Summertime
7-14%20Air%20to%20Air_107.JPG

Amber Waves of Grain......
7-14%20Air%20to%20Air_136.JPG

I also got this as Kate and I were cleaning off bugs
7-14%20Air%20to%20Air_172.JPG

RE:plane ???

Pete

Great Pix......beautiful

One none relevant ???

Was this Terry Jantzi's plane?.....

If it is his reports/videos/ is the main contributor to my very light wallet!!!:eek:

Frank @ 1L8 Hur-a-cun International, Utah)....light at the end of the tunnel

That plane helped drive my ambition...

Was this Terry Jantzi's plane?.....
If it is his reports/videos/ is the main contributor to my very light wallet!!!:eek:

Yep, that's Terry Jantzi's 6 before he went to the rocket :eek:The movie where he flew to a remote area in Canada with his daughter was one of the main reasons I got lured to the RV world. I was planning a Kolb, and after watching that movie I had a Will Smith moment - "I gotta get me one of these!" I haven't been the same since :).

Yes - Terry Jantzi's Plane

Yep this was Terry's plane. We're trying to determine exactly what engine in has in it. It is an old 320 or 360.

Kate and I went up tonight to continue her "training" and swap air to air photos with Peter Fruehling. I know his pics will be better than mine, so I figure I can get a few points for posting first. We started over Forest Lake and snapped photos all the way to Saint Cloud. (Track here) Shot a bunch and got a few keepers.....

This plane at one time held some Canadian altitude record - it went up to some absurd height.

Nice work, Pete!

Here is the account of Terry's high altitude flight:

http://www.thervjournal.com/high.html

According to the story, the plane has a "fuel injected 180hp engine".

Teri's Old RV-6

Teri flew this 6 to a small RV event we held in Cadillac, MI years ago when I first was building my 8. He came over from Ontario and spent the night with my father. Next day my father, mother, brother, new wife and myself were all treated to our first RV rides...some of us experiencing some very efficient rolls...Teri was very kind with his time and it was one fine RV. Still looks as good as ever.
I saw Teri at Oskosh the year after he sold it and learned of his move to Rockets....not sure where he is now...But that ride convinced me I had made the correct decision on the RV line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she still flies great!!! ...and Pete makes her look good too!

- Peter

PS - We shoot each other air to air so we'll have fresh avatars every week! Nice one this week Pete!

Last edited:
Back