What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Like to redo the my seats

I have finally purchased a RV 7. Having fun getting to know her but need to redo the seats as they are very hard and sit a little to low. Not looking to do a whole interior to save weight just seats and so warm rest pads. Need some guidance on what you all use for seat padding who who could redo my seats.

I have finally purchased a RV 7. Having fun getting to know her but need to redo the seats as they are very hard and sit a little to low. Not looking to do a whole interior to save weight just seats and so warm rest pads. Need some guidance on what you all use for seat padding who who could redo my seats.

You could probably get the sewing plans from Van's. You could then get some foam (Van's sells that too, I think) and some material, and probably any upholsterer could make you new seats. Depending on where you live, you could consider adding heating elements to the new seats.

My seats' foam had pretty much crushed (11 years old), and I never cared for the current-design leather seats so I'm finally coming to the head of the queue at Flightine Interiors. Been chatting with Abby as she's getting ready to build me some new leather seats with Conforfoam. Nice stuff, but like all of the aero interiors companies, she has a several-month backlog.

My seats

I just got done sewing up my seats. I used the Vans foam and sewed my own using the patterns that came with it. I think any upholstery shop can do these very quickly. The Vans foam is really comfortable. YMMV

I have Van's foam for both my RV-6's and am very comfortable in it. Covering is up to you. But, as others have said. Make your own or go to an upholstery shop and have them sew them up.
Jump into the vinyl v/s leather wars.
Now if you want to spend money and get the Cadillac, go custom for 6-7 K and a long wait.
My airplane isn't a show piece so my preference is lower cost. I'm stepping on it to get in.
Art

Back