What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed Zulu 2

Hens07

Well Known Member
So I'm about to start my instrument rating and want to upgrade my headset. I've really been looking at the lightspeed zulu for awhile now and was ready to pull the trigger but now lightspeed has thrown the zulu2 into the mix! Has anyone had any experience with the zulu 2 yet? The original zulu is now $740 but the new zulu is $900 so basically my question is if the new zulu is worth $160? I'm coming from David Clark passive H20-10 if it helps at all.. Thanks in advance :)

I'm a Lightspeed dealer and I can tell you that you will not notice any audible difference between the two. There is a slight cosmetic difference, and the noise cancelling is slightly better, but not enough that I can tell the difference when I switch from one to the other.

If there was a $30 difference, I might recommend the Zulu 2 just to have the newest version, but for $160 difference, I can't see it. Grab the Zulu 1 while you can at the discounted price. You won't regret it.

Thanks Craig! That's actually what I was hoping to hear. $160 in savings = more avgas $$$ :D

Back