What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Light weight aircraft cover

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
I know I have seen this discussed before, but I just can't find the thread. I purchased a Bruce's cover, and while it is a nice large cover, it weighs 10lbs. What I need is a light weight day trip cover. It appears that Flightline has a lightweight cover. Anyone with any experience with this or others?

I used Flightline's a half dozen times and was very pleased with it. Light weight and easy to install. I cannot say we had bad weather while the cover was on though. Lucky I guess. We had the cover on in Hilton Head while we had to take a rental car to the tornado at Sun & Fun the other year. Glad we did not make it to S&F with our RV.

Lightweight canopy

Use the flightline- Have left the plane sitting 1 week in the middle of Summer in South Carolina, had it on for a huge overnight wind storm in NM and Ca, and each and everytime it has held well with no issues.
It is easy to put on (alone) and it does the job fine for a day or week long stay. I have not seen a need for the tornado worthy Bruces and have had no regrets getting the flightline lightweight canopy for the flights we do.

Back