What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Light speed ignition module

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
I would like to here from anyone out there flying a RV-10 with the lightspeed
ignition. My question is were is everyone mounting the unit. Also if you have
any pictures that would be great.

Thanks Geoff

Not flying yet but...

I mounted an 0.32 sheet in the below position and then added nut plates.
http://nerv10.com/wcurtis/08Fuselage/fuselage31p.html

The closest picture I have of it mounted is here:
http://nerv10.com/wcurtis/90Electrical/EL1c.html

Fuselage31p.jpg

Last edited:
I've got dual LSE Plasma IIIs and the boxes are mounted to the upper part of the firewall on the right side of the center panel rib. I used spacers to stand off from the firewall and stack them.

Bob
N442PM (flying)

Observation

William, do you have enough room to get a D-sub on and off the top connector? It may be the camera angle but it looks like there's not much space between the sub-panel and the top connector.

Also, for what it's worth, in my -7A slider, I mounted my LSE module between the firewall & sub-panel. I planned to have the BNC's facing forward just like yours. However, when I ran the wires back from the crank sensor they were to short. I ended up having the BNC's facing aft and the D-subs facing forward.

I routed the crank sensor wires down along the sump, I suppose if I had routed them over the top the engine the wires would have been long enough.

Last edited:
William, do you have enough room to get a D-sub on and off the top connector? It may be the camera angle but it looks like there's not much space between the sub-panel and the top connector.
A 90 degree DB15 hood resolved that issue.

lg_SDRA15AG.jpg

Big Tubes?

Nice installation.
With that much spacing from the firewall you should not have
a heat problem.
What are those big tubes coming out above the D-sub connector?

Nice installation.
With that much spacing from the firewall you should not have
a heat problem.
What are those big tubes coming out above the D-sub connector?

Cooling air tubes. Hook it up to your avionics fan output.

Back