What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Let me rent/borrow/partner in your plane near Mobile,AL / Pensacola, FL

Active duty coast guard pilot looking to get from the Pensacola/Mobile area to Gainesville about 20 weekends a year. My wife is in school at UF, and I'm stationed in Mobile, so it's 6 hours by car or 2 hours by RV!

Logbook and references available, but in short I'm a 1500 hour multi engine guy (Falcon 20's and CN-35's) with about 150 hours of GA and 50 tail wheel. I currently own and fly a Cessna 140 about once a week, but I'm selling to help fund a faster XC machine!

I wanted to buy my own RV this winter, but it might take a little while to finish building up the old "airplane fund". In the meantime, I can fly your plane, and help with fixed expenses. I'm looking to take the plane two weekends a month, and put on about 4 hours of flight time each trip. I usually fly to Gainesville on Thursday or Friday and return Sunday.

PM or email me!

You can't "rent" an EAB aircraft and be within regs. You could borrow it for no compensation or you could buy a partnership in it. The latter is much more likely of course.

Last edited:
But...

You could borrow it for free, and put x2 or x3 your fuel use on the owners account where he buys gas as a gift for his coming birthday. :D

Back