What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemo socket for Bose & Lightspeed Headsets

flybye

Well Known Member
I plan to install both conventional dual plug GA sockets and Lemo sockets for panel powered headsets. I've attempted to get the Lemo part number for the socket through both Lightspeed and Bose to no avail. Has anyone tracked down the Lemo number?

I had the LEMO number a few years ago, but they were fairly expensive in small quantities. I have since wired a handful of aircraft with them for friends, and it's not too expensive (and way less trouble) to just get the kit from Bose. The solder cups on the connector are a pain (if you don't get the prewired kit), but soldering the pigtails on the headset connectors even a caveman could do...

I'm interested in the same thing... in fact I'd like to consider wiring both conventional and LEMO sockets... I assume I can wire them in parallel?

s... I assume I can wire them in parallel?

Yep, there are instructions that come with the Bose Kit that assume you are doing exactly that. The trickier bits (to the small solder cups on the LEMO) are already done, and you just solder the color-coded wires to the appropriate tabs on you standard headset jacks. There is an extra wire for bus voltage that you run from a 1 amp fuse to run the ANR.

The connector itself mounts easily through a single hole. I put mine adjacent to the standard jacks (all three in a row). I've used two ANR headsets (not just Bose) and mixed ANR with standard.

Phil at quiettechnologies will, for a small fee, even make you an in-ear headset that uses the LEMO jack, for the smallest, lightest possible headset (obviously he leaves the power pin unconnected).

LEMO Jack Source / Punch Source

41Fh1Njof2L.jpg

Looking to upgrade my aircraft with a LEMO jack for ANR Headsets. Figured I would add to the thread on the lowest price I could find on the LEMO Jack Kit ($31.95 as I type this) and ask if anyone found a punch source for the hole.

After using ANR headsets with batteries for 15-years, I am planning on doing what I should have done 14-years ago.

Back