What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LEMO panel punch

pa38112

Well Known Member
I am installing LEMO plugs I my panel and have had no luck finding a panel punch for the Bose connector. It is a Double D - 12.5mm(.49") wide by 14mm(.55") tall. I have to believe that this is a standard size. Does anyone know of a source for these or have one they would lend out?

I am installing LEMO plugs I my panel and have had no luck finding a panel punch for the Bose connector. It is a Double D - 12.5mm(.49") wide by 14mm(.55") tall. I have to believe that this is a standard size. Does anyone know of a source for these or have one they would lend out?

I just used an appropriate sized drill bit. I don't believe the jack is keyed, so a round hole works just fine.

The two LEMO jacks awaiting installation in my airplane have flat sides on one side. But the plugs are keyed too, and there wouldn't be an issue if the jack wasn't perfectly straight. I plan on just using a round drill bit too.

I installed them today with a round hole. The nut snugged up tight enough that it won't move. Thanks for the input...

Back