What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemo (Bose) Plug Pinout

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
Guys,

At the hangar and trying to reroute some wiring. Anyone have the pinout for the Lemo plug that you could post or email me?

Thanks,
Scott

pin 1: Power (10-32VDC via 1/4 A fuse or 1/2 A breaker)
pin 2: Audio ground (also serves as power return)
pin 3: Audio left
pin 4: Audio right
pin 5: Mic high
pin 6: Mic low

Harry,

PM sent...thanks!.

Roee,

Can't seem to recall the extra 3 black wires...I am guessing they are the shield grounds, but I don't recall the recommended interconnect.

Scott

Lemo

Scott,
I called Bose asking the same question. All 3 grounds are 26AWG and no way of telling which goes where. 2 are shields and 1 is a power ground.

They said it doesn't matter.

I used a OHM meter to determine which grounds were associated with the other wires and assumed the other is the power ground. I then wired according to the diagram. Haven't tested it yet though.

Good Luck

Roee,

Can't seem to recall the extra 3 black wires...I am guessing they are the shield grounds, but I don't recall the recommended interconnect.

Scott

Scott,

I'm not using the harness Bose sells precisely because I didn't like the way they handled the shield grounds.

If you use their harness only to jumper across from the standard headphone jacks to the LEMO a very short distance away, then it probably won't matter in practice. A few inches is likely too short a run for the shielding to make any difference one way or the other. Just connect all the grounds together and you should be fine.

But if you use their harness to run a longer distance, say a few feet from the LEMO all the way to the audio panel, then the way you handle the shields and grounds will actually matter, and doing it per Bose's instructions may cause noise problems.

Looking at Bose's instructions, it appears that they intended the former, and gave no thought to the latter.

-Roee

Back