What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left fuse floor “C” stiffeners

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
The instructions say to install the C stiffeners after the floor is final riveted in place. Has anyone done those stiffeners before putting the floor down and what trouble did you have as a result?

Rv8 plans page 77 C stiffeners on left floor. No pictures because it’s on the plans not in the plane

I remember being puzzled by that. It’s been three years but I think you can put the all the stiffeners in that don’t overlap the left/right sides.

I can see them now. I didn't have any problem putting in the floor panel with them in place. When I was doing final assembly, I must have pulled it out and put it back in a few times without any problem. The only place that I didn't final rivet was the right tip of the rear seat piano hinge. It gets riveted last when you are ready to close the floor permanently. I closed my floor just over a month ago so I remember it well .

PS. I was looking for the "C" shape but all I could see are the "L" shape stiffeners. I hope I am not seeing something else.

It’s the F830-C-1 stiffeners in the forward part of both left and right floor panels. I think is an interference problem with the seat belt assembly and having to slide the floor under things outboard.

I remember having to flex the floor slightly to get it past the seatbelt anchors. Can't flex it when the stiffeners are riveted in there.

Back