What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LCP in QB Ailerons and Flaps, what have you done?

jemer

I pulled this out of the Lawyer thread since I'm really just looking for technical inputs on what builders have done or are planning.

Vans, at least for my build, stated they cannot determine whether LCPs are in the flap/aileron build since they may not be produced at the same time as the wings. They included a list of some parts (red) recommended to replace and additional ones that were optional. Red would be no cost, others were to be paid for, I think maybe some discount. So, are builders having success disassembling and rebuilding these assemblies? Or, just bought complete new parts and build as slow build? Or? I haven’t ordered any replacement parts for QB Fuse Wings as of yet. I’ve lost the bubble on where the QB builders stand.

I’m in the same boat as you regarding unknown red items in my qb flaps/ails. I just assumed all the potential parts that could have been, indeed are LCP. In the portal (ends today btw), and at no cost to you, you can select ALL the items needed to build the ailerons/flaps so you don’t have to attempt tearing apart the ones you have. There is also the option to spend another $1300ish dollars to have Vans ship you new qb flaps/ailerons. Anne told me those would (begin to) ship end of the year.

Anyone know the time frame that LCP parts went into QBs? I have a set of QB RV8 ailerons sitting in the crate for over 2 years now, not actually sure when I purchased them. Maybe in 2021.

I do have an email in to Vans to see if they know.

Back