What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landing Lights - Which bay did you use?

JVolkober

Well Known Member
I am about to cut the hole for my Duckworks landing light. The instructions state "We recommend that it be (installed) in the last outboard bay. It is not known if sutructural integrity of the wing/leading edlge will be affected by installation in the more inboard bays, but we do advise against it." I am considering installing in the third bay from the wing tip. For me, this provides a better look than having the light out in the outer most bay. In which bay did you install your landing light?

The wing skin is structural

Keep in mind that the wing leading edge skin IS structural. I, personally, would not cut that big of a hole anywhere but in the outermost bay.

Outermost bay. It also makes it easier to work on things like adjustment and bulb replacement since you can just reach in the thru the first rib. IMHO when someone makes a recomendation like Duckworks made, I follow it.

Another reason for using the outermost bay; My strobe power supplies are mounted behind my landing lights, so my tips don't have to be removal.

Thank you all for the input

Thank you all for the input. My landing lights are going in the outer most bays.

Back