What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landing Fees

g zero

Well Known Member
Landing Fees are coming… KDED , KOMN and KFIN in Florida have signed up to collect landing fees …$3 per 1000 lbs . The ADSB we all had to install is the tracker for billing.
Glad mine is a Uvavionics on my rudder ….. nav lights have a toggle 😎

Landing Fees are coming… KDED , KOMN and KFIN in Florida have signed up to collect landing fees …$3 per 1000 lbs . The ADSB we all had to install is the tracker for billing.
How about anonymous mode? Would that work?

I’m guessing this is a disaster for anyone doing pattern work. I read the AOPA article and it doesn’t say if it’s per landing. I’m sure it is based on the way they charge by ADSB.

I’m guessing this is a disaster for anyone doing pattern work. I read the AOPA article and it doesn’t say if it’s per landing. I’m sure it is based on the way they charge by ADSB.
Airport manager said a touch & go is priced per landing… Emery Riddle practically lives at at KFIN .. my home field. AirPort Manager said he’s expecting $300,000 per year in landing fees ..

Airport manager said a touch & go is priced per landing… Emery Riddle practically lives at at KFIN .. my home field. AirPort Manager said he’s expecting $300,000 per year in landing fees ..
That’s insane for non commercial use…for example if I wanted to do that just for proficiency.

Instead of a landing fee bill you’ll be getting a letter from the FAA!

If they chase away traffic with fees they will get fewer movements, fewer movements mean, less federal funding. Traffic will go to non fee airports, non fee airports will get more movements and more fed funding....

The initiative is incentivized by new technological capability to invoice operators based on ADS-B data. AOPA said in a statement that Florida contracted with a company named Virtower, which has a strategic partnership with Vector Airport Systems to use Virtower’s ADS-B data to automatically invoice aircraft operators. Vector has been reaching out to Florida airport sponsors to pitch its services

The initiative is incentivized by new technological capability to invoice operators based on ADS-B data. AOPA said in a statement that Florida contracted with a company named Virtower, which has a strategic partnership with Vector Airport Systems to use Virtower’s ADS-B data to automatically invoice aircraft operators. Vector has been reaching out to Florida airport sponsors to pitch its services
Hopefully Foreflight will display this info in big bold letters so we all can boycott these airports!

I may be the odd one out here but... I detest landing and tie down fees. Our tax money paid for the ramps. I was at a small airport for a couple hours and never even went into the FBO. My ride brought me back and I got in and fired up. The FBO contacted me on the radio and said I owed them a fee. I shut down and went in and paid. I feel like it would be the same as some small private business which is what an FBO is, charging me a fee for driving down a public road which passes their business. I recently saw a YouTuber how I won't mention that landed someplace in north eastern Ohio IIRC and he had to pay $100. Said he was there only 10 minutes.
I am just totally against them and agree with Walt about sharing information boycotting them!

Back