What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lambeau trip.

klovning

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of building my 8 - so this isn't really a RV trip, but what the heck....

I started out in Platteville WI and picked up my cousin in Sheboygan WI before going to Green Bay.

Heading into Austin Straubel we were one of the slowest airplanes approaching the airport. The jets coming in from Denver were coming out of the West and I was coming in from the South. The air traffic controllers gave them runway 36 and us a runway 24 approach. This was directly over the stadium.

SDC10784 by klovning, on Flickr

SDC10786 by klovning, on Flickr

We then had to taxi from the East side of the airport all the way to the West. We passed these beauties waiting on the ramp to do the star spangled banner flyover.

SDC10787 by klovning, on Flickr

Executive air was awesome to us. They treated us just like we came in a G6 and spent 100's of $ on gas. First class all the way.

Last edited:
We got to the stadium and found the "new addition". The first two don't say superbowl on them. The HOF also had a huge exibit on Bob Hope. He was a Packer fan, who knew?

SDC10793 by klovning, on Flickr

The game went well, the Pack jumped out to an early lead and then blew the doors off the Broncoes (unlike what happend in the cowgirl/lions game :mad: )

SDC10795 by klovning, on Flickr

I picked up several of these for the nurses I work with.... hope they like them

DSCF0011 by klovning, on Flickr

We followed the special game day departure procedures and had an uneventful night-filght trip to Sheboygan. I then headed back to Platteville through Madison's class C airspace.

Last edited:
Back