What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit shipment to DFW area

mholck

I'm New Here
Is there anyone on this board who lives in the DFW area that is about to get a kit shipped from Van's? One of the top skins for my wing has a defect and Van's needs to send me a new skin which is obviously expensive shipping. If anyone in this area is about to get a kit shipped and would be willing to let them add my skin to the kit please let me know.

Thanks!

I'm in the Wichita Falls area, and my 4 is ready for crating, but when I called Monday, they still hadn't got to it. I told them I wasn't in no hurry, and they also said they would let me know when it shipped.

Not sure if you'd want to make a trip to the Falls or not. If you did, let me know soon, and I'm sure they can get it on there if it isn't too late.

John

Hey! I'm in Sachse also. We should get together sometime. Sachse being pretty small, I can probably throw a rock and hit your house (just kidding). I can't help you with the skin, I received my fuselage kit towards the end of March and don't have anything else on the way right now.

Good thing you didn?t wait on me. I sent my final payment off on the 30th of March after they said it was ready for crating on the 29th of that month, and still haven?t heard back from them. Since this is Van?s, I?m not worried about it though. Just thought it would be here by now. Oh well, I?ve got plenty to keep myself busy before it gets here.

I was expecting two kits to be delivered first week in June but has been delayed to first week in July. I live in Paris and would be will to help. If interested, let me know. Steve:)

I finally received my 4 on the 3rd. There?s seems to be one huge misunderstanding though. It arrived in four big crates, in thousand of pieces. So you can imagine my huge disappoint when I thought it was going to be already assembled with maybe something in the fine print saying some assembly required. Just wasn't expecting this though. :D

Back