What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

kids in RV-10

megancolliermd

I'm New Here
Has anyone dared to use the back seat as a bench seat with 3 kids? If so, how did you engineer the 3rd seatbelt and was it difficult? We are looking at a quick-build RV-10, but are hoping to have space for 3 kids in the back...

Welcome to VAF!!!

Megan, welcome to the force.:D

Good to have you here, you came to the right place for info on things RVish.

Classic Aero has a full width back seat, although not actually a "bench seat" it is usable for three kids.

The airframe already has anchors for belts, you will need to work up a center shoulder harness if you want the center passenger to have one.

This is what I am using in my 10, my wife and I stopped by the factory, and were very impressed with the seats. We ordered them on the spot.

Good luck.

bench seat in RV-10

Welcome to the RV-10 world. Yes, I built a 60/40 seat in the back. This gives the flexibility to leave one seat up and be able to fold down or remove the other for those times one needs space and there are not three kids.
The seat belts are fastened to the back brace for the center shoulder and the male side is riveted between the seats.

Pascal

Thanks for all the info...I'm sure we will be visiting the forum more as we move through the process...just collecting info at this point, but plan to order the quick build RV-10.

O.K., sounds like you are kinda new at this homebuilt thing----first off, if you havent already done so, join EAA. Get involved with your local chapter.

Have you ever ridden in an RV?? In a RV 10???

Visiting this site often is a good thing, lots of info available here.

3 in back

i put my mom, and my two kids in the back. i think i tied a luggage strap up for the seatbelt and no headset for the middle guy. it was only for a 10 minute flight so comfort was not an issue. would not reccomend it though! If i had it to do over again I would make a bench with three headsets in the back.

Back