What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just Ordered my Kit!!!

mkmuch

Hello All & Merry Christmas / Happy New Year!

I have been a silent observer for a while on this board - Today i took the big plung... I ordered my Tail kit today from Vans...

I have been deliberating for sometime - I finally said enough analysis - get started...

I tried to get the shop as ready as I could but it was getting to the point (without anything to work on) I was aimlessly buying tools, coming up with little weekend projects to keep myself busy to delay the project. NO MORE!!!

I have signed up for a builder class as well in January...

I'll keep you posted and promise to use the search function first before I ask something that has been asked 1000 times before!

I look forward to meeting and talking with as my RV'ers in the coming months and years as I can - Take Care...

M.

Welcome

Welcome Mike. Congrats on your new project. You guys do make cool stuff. I am currently a DOM on a G150 with a Proline 21. The Proline 21 is a little out of my price range for a RV.
Aaron

Welcome Mike. Congrats on your new project. You guys do make cool stuff. I am currently a DOM on a G150 with a Proline 21. The Proline 21 is a little out of my price range for a RV.
Aaron

Yes - Proline is off the chart on the cool factor... Fun fact... Pretty neat info on the new synthetic vision component of the proline fusion. Love to outfit the RV-10 for it but not sure stein could fit it in the panel :)rolleyes:) and it might weigh more than the Lycoming :)eek:).

See below if your interested!!!

Rockwell Collins to be featured on "Modern Marvels" next week
December 19, 2008
Rockwell Collins' synthetic vision technology, which is a key feature of the new Pro Line FusionTM avionics system for business and regional jets, will be featured on the History Channel's "Modern Marvels" episode, "Night" at 8 p.m. EST on Friday, Dec. 26.

Modern Marvels is a regular feature on the History Channel that celebrates "ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale."

The story about Rockwell Collins' synthetic vision product will be one of several stories in an episode about technologies that provide the capability to see "After Dark."

For any last minute schedule changes, visit the schedule page on the History Channel Web site at www.history.com. Examples of Modern Marvels episodes can be viewed here. The episode will also air on Saturday, Dec. 27 at midnight.

M...

Last edited:
"I have been deliberating for sometime - I finally said enough analysis - get started... "

Keep those words in mind as you build. There will be lots of times when you will be apprehensive prior to starting a task, and you will spend time thinking and researching, but the time will finally come when you have to simply DO IT. Usually, not always, you will find it really wasn't that big a deal afterall.

Welcome aboard.

"I have been deliberating for sometime - I finally said enough analysis - get started... "

Keep those words in mind as you build. There will be lots of times when you will be apprehensive prior to starting a task, and you will spend time thinking and researching, but the time will finally come when you have to simply DO IT. Usually, not always, you will find it really wasn't that big a deal afterall.

Welcome aboard.

Well put Jeff!

If I may add:

I'm glad I:
bought a couple tool box kits and the practice kit with my tail kit. They were enjoyable to assemble and I made my share of mistakes on them.. they taught me a lot.
registered with tim olson's RV10.com

I wish I would have done the following with my tail kit purchase:
bought pro seal from Vans and had it shipped with my tail kit.
researched on myrv10.com about the lack of rudder trim and the electric trim tab mod... I would have ordered the suggested access panel and at least done the mod access panel mod while building the rudder.

well, looks like ya did it :)

Hey Mike....
Merry Christmas to you!!! Now just turn up the heat in the shop! I finally got back to it today... making a little more progress.

Well put Jeff!

I wish I would have done the following with my tail kit purchase:
bought pro seal from Vans and had it shipped with my tail kit.
researched on myrv10.com about the lack of rudder trim and the electric trim tab mod... I would have ordered the suggested access panel and at least done the mod access panel mod while building the rudder.

Stop by and I'll pull the rudder out of the basement and show you what Tom is referring to on the rudder trim. Glad to help any way I can.....

Doug

Keep those words in mind as you build. There will be lots of times when you will be apprehensive prior to starting a task, and you will spend time thinking and researching, but the time will finally come when you have to simply DO IT. Usually, not always, you will find it really wasn't that big a deal after all.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

Now there is a truism!

Back