What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jim Cone's tail pictures 12-22-08

chuckster,

Can you clarify something from your website? I see you are stating that you will build 49% of the airplane. Do you really mean that you will build 49% of the 51% that Van's did not complete?

Here are the latest pictures. It is really looking like an airplane part.

It is looking like an airplane, Jim. My hands hurt looking at all those pulled rivets, you must be using an air driven puller.

Hope you got your Christmas shopping done, just one day left. :)

I start from the full kit,(7,8,9's) and build it up to needing the finish kit that you would build and install, I do all this in 7to8 weeks. Faster than you can get a quick build from Van's.

I start from the full kit,(7,8,9's) and build it up to needing the finish kit that you would build and install, I do all this in 7to8 weeks. Faster than you can get a quick build from Van's.

Then you would lead the customer to purger themselves when they apply for their Airworthiness certificate?

Brent, please understand, The customer still builds 51% of the airplane. I only build up to the 49% stage,the same as a quick build kit. Van's is not asking his customers to lie and neither am I! However, I can get it to you faster than Van's can ship a quick build, in most cases. I hope this clears things up, if not please feel free to call me.

Back