What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jim Cone's pictures 10-30-08

jamescone

Well Known Member
Here are the latest pictures. A hole was missing in the center bulkhead and another was drilled too small. I asked Van's about this and they said to drill another hole for the -4 snap bushing and to drill out the other large hole to a -10. Later kits will have the correct holes and I'm sure that a revision will be sent to those builders who don't have the correct holes drilled.

For pictures, go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimCone1941/RV12Construction103008#

Don't be too sure that I will have the first customer built 12 flying. There is another guy in Washington who is ahead of me and is working full time on his project. I don't have the luxury of being able to work on mine full time.

Thanks James Cone

I just got to the stage where these holes are in play. Glad you mentioned the larger one needing to be even larger. I had already drilled the 3rd of the smaller ones, but did not realize that the larger one needed to be even larger.

THANKS ! ! ! !

John Bender
Iowa, USA

Where's the next batch Jim??

I have some in the camera and will post them when I have a few more with something to show. I talked to Van's today and was told that my replacement corner skins and firewall fix kit shipped today. I have worked ahead a bit, but all I have to show for it are some small parts that will go on when I get the new corner skins. They don't warrant pictures.

I talked to Van's today and was told that my replacement corner skins and firewall fix kit shipped today.

I got an email last night from FedEx that I have a 4lb pkg coming from Vans...hopefully its the same skins and fix.

Pete

Back