What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jihostroj

WVM

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am in the process of ordering the finishing kit for an RV-9 with an Superior IO-320.

At this point I am not sure which propeller I will install. After recent discussions with RV builders the most likely option with be the WhirlWind RV200. They suggest the Jihostroj P920-028 governor on their website. What governor is VANS including in their FF kit? They only mention "1.000 PROP GOV HZ 320/360 (I)O-320/360 S-1-10" for the "FF-9/9A IO-320 CS" kit. No brand, not type.

I just want to know that it is wise to simply exclude the governor (and maybe other parts) now. Or does VANS provide that specific governor in their kit?

Same question for the spinner. For MT they credit it because they offer a spinner with the propeller. What about WhirlWind?

I just want to keep options open for Hartzell or WhirlWind.

Any other advice or considerations are welcome.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
The governor that Van's includes will work fine. They have even changed governors over time, but it wouldn't hurt to call Van's and ask which governor they include and verify with a Whirlwind that they haven't had problems with that make/model. Again, just about any governor will work.

I think Whirlwind offers a spinner, but make sure you get the correct diameter. Someone else will have to speak to whether the standard spinner will work or not.

Hi,

The Hartzell governor works fine, but is there any difference in some way from the suggestion by WW?

Thanks

WW200RV and PCU5000X

Numerous RV builders are running a combination of the WW200RV and the PCU5000X governor. Special pricing as a combination package has been offered by American Propeller. You may contact them at www.ameritech-aviation.com for current details.

Hi,

Just wanted to inform that I got a response from WW saying that there is no major difference between their governor and the one that VANS supplies. The VANS governor is a Hartzell S-1-10 (confirmed by VANS).

Just for whoever is looking for this information.

Back