What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jeep Alternative engine

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I've always heard something like: take your $$$'s and buy a rebuilt lycoming.

Here I installed a 190hp Lyco in my Jeep Liberty. only took a few minutes to do the actual install. The 20hr & 1400 mile Road trip was only fun because of the outcome. More pics later, I need some sleep.
RV-7build340.jpg

Funny!

My new Jeep alternative engine.

DSC04880.jpg

Fuel saver model, 1 DP (dog power:D)

I owned an M38A1 for a while, neat, but I didnt have the extra dog power. Its funny how they named thier very low hp engines big names like "Go Devil" and "Hurricane".

Brian,
At first I was confused a bit by thread name and placement:) One more alternative? Let' click just in case... usually I am not paying much attention to it. Anyway big CONGRATS! Way to go! Waiting for more pictures and details on delivery.

MikeS,
:D cool auxiliary unit.

"Fritzi! Fritzi, are zu payink attention? Mach schnell! Ze rabbit is gettink avay!"

Sorry, every time I see that picture, I picture a desert camo paint job and goggles and riding crop for the dog...:p

Me, too.

Actually Townsend is very centrally located in Montana....ie, it's an equally long ways from everything. Perfect

yeah. used to spend quite a lot of time around the area when I lived in state, haven't been back in about 15 years though. Used to float the missouri a lot just south of you there.

Back