What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jans Fairings

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I am about to finish my phase 1 time and decided it was time to put the wheel pants and fairings on. I finished today and the fairings I ordered from Jan made a huge difference in the time it normally takes to do this and the quality was far superior to the fairings in the kit.

I highly recommend this product to all builders.

Pat Stewart

same for me

I installed the fairings on my 10. It is in the paint shop now so I don't have pics of the finished product. Very easy to finish. I permanently attached my pants to the fairings and split them down the middle. Jan's fairings cut out a lot of finishing work on the fiberglass and fit better than the Vans' fairings.

Sean,
Do you have any pics of your wheel pants with the fairings installed (pre-paint)? I want to go the same route and split the fairings to go with the wheel pants. I'm no where near working on the wheel pants, but I like to get my ducks in a row before I start. I've got some examples already on how others have done it, but the more info I collect the better.

Last edited:
No pics yet

I got really lazy about taking pics toward the end of the build, however, I am going back to the paint shop tomorrow and will take some pics of the pants. They have filler primer on them but I can get pics of the inside and explain how I did them.

Thank you !

Thank you ALL.
I guess this is the best reward one can get - the satisfaction of making it easier for RV brothers far away to get these magnificent machines flying sooner and faster :D

Back