What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I've made up my mind...

JoeG

Well Known Member
I'm going with the taildragger/Tip-up combo. After a year or so of contemplation I ended up right back where I started.

I originally desired a tailwheel configuration because I have so much fun flying an Aeronca Champ and I like grass strips.

I originally desired a tip-up because of the visibility advantage.

I've read through the pros and cons of these decisions numerous times. But in the end, I felt I would be compromising what I really wanted if I went any other way. Maybe down the road I'll think differently, but I doubt it.

And on the off chance that I do feel differently in the end, it'll be all the excuse I need to build a second RV :) .

So my advice for you in making this choice. Go with your first instinct.

Last edited:
JoeG said:
I'm going with the taildragger/Tip-up combo. After a year or so of contemplation I ended up right back where I started.
Take it from somebody with a little bit of RV-7 taildragger/tip-up experience...you won't be disappointed. :D

Joe,
Sorry I haven't made good on my promise to take you for the "tip-up" demo ride. The LSA guys have had me running around in circles. I still plan on giving you the ride, just haven't gotten around to it. I think you made to right choice.
Mel

In good company...

Dan and Mel. It is apropos that you were the first two to respond to this post. Your opinions, as discussed in the forums and in person, were part of my path back to the only sane decision I could have made! :D

Back