What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It's like a buffet...

negearth

Tools!

Woo-hoo!

100_1064.jpg

Empennage kit, here I come. The DRDT-2 should show up on Monday :) Amazing how small the box was, considering the price tag :eek:

100_1073.jpg

Last edited:
More pics (stop drooling) :D

100_1065-1.jpg

100_1066.jpg

100_1067.jpg

I ended up ordering the RV Toolkit from www.planetools.com, and I could not be happier with their quality and responsiveness. Top notch people, there. I pretty much got every upgrage available: both extra yokes (longeron & 4" thin-nose) for the squeezer, as well as the adjustable squeezer set. Went with the Sioux 1412 drill and the pneumo angle drill w/bits (seemed like it would be better to have a separate tool than an angle drill attachment). The tungsten bucking bar that they include as part of the kit is extremely dense; lots of mass in a small package and should make for easy shooting. I think I had a tool-gasm, heh-heh :D

So, the compressor goes in this weekend, and then Van gets a fax and a check...!

Last edited:
Fond memories

-7A slider :)
I took the same picture of my new tools back on Aug 31, 2001. I flew my -7A Slider for the first time on June 24, 2009. You have a great adventure ahead of you. Enjoy the trip; the destination is really just the beginning. (Did that come out right?, I think so :D )

I was also amazed at the $/cubic inch of that box. The only thing I can think of that was more expensive per unit volume is my logbook.

Yeh- I'll agree with that. Hey, like they say, it's not the size that matters... :rolleyes:

newtech- sounds like you took about as much time to complete your project as I'm budgeting for mine. It's definitely more about the journey for me, and I'm gonna enjoy every minute! (even if it's in hindsight, heh-heh :D ) Thanks for the encouraging words!

Back