What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"It's all part of the service"

Sean P.

I'm New Here
I called Jesse Saint in July when I was looking for a pre-buy inspection on an RV-10. That plane didn?t work out, but in the weeks after Jesse invited me into his home, introduced me to his family, and showed me a few RV-10s. I settled on N104BP, a plane that Saint Aviation had helped build through their builder assist program in 2008. Jesse not only handled the selling process fairly and efficiently, but he also worked with me to design and install a new panel. I?m a low hour pilot and new to the RV-10, so I asked Jesse to ferry the plane home with me and at the end of the conversation we had a plan to fly a 4,000 mile trip from Florida to the Rocky Mountains and then back east to New England. It was an epic trip and I learned an incredible amount over 4 days. The most dramatic part was not flying over the Grand Canyon or above Chicago, but when the ADAHRS faulted coming into Akron. Within a few hours Jesse had tapped the VAF network and Gary Kohler drove to our hotel late at night to lend us his ADAHRS unit in exchange for a handshake and a thank you. We were flying again early the next morning. Over the past few weeks, I?ve called Jesse with many questions and he?s always been available any time of day. Each time I apologize for bothering him and each time Jesse says ?call me any time, it?s all part of the service?.

Back