What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It Flies! N2724G "Caddie" Gets Air Under Her Wings!

24Golf

Well Known Member
As of Friday afternoon, our three year project left the ground for the first time! All went well, only a few minor squawks and I have to say after 40 minutes or so in the air, I made the best landing of my life. I have WAY TOO MANY people to thank for the help needed to finish a project like this, so I'm not going to list them all here with the exception of Beth - the best possible building partner a guy could have - and a pretty good cook too!

Was able to get 4 hours in the air over the weekend and never wanted to come down. The plane flies great and will meet our mission standards to a TEE. Golf courses and fishing holes around the country - beware - we are headed your way...:D

1ze9gll.jpg

Last edited:
Never had a doubt!

Congratulations to both of you.
BTW, next time, the "builder" should be there for the inspection. (inside joke!)

Last edited:
Another Duff Built RV takes to the Air

Congratulations! Phase 2 of the best hobby on earth is about to take place.

Congratulations once again Paul and Beth! I'm glad I was one of the few who got to witness it. Y'all have indeed created a masterpiece. The champaign afterwards was great too!
Also, Ill never forget my Mom commenting (about Beth) "that lady sure knows a lot about airplanes"

Panel........Show the Panel!!!!!!!!

For those of you that don't know, Paul & Beth have one of the nicest RV panels out there. Congrats to Paul & Beth for their exceptional work & dedication. Now, if I could just land my 9A as well as Paul lands it, life would be good.

Panel Shot

For those of you that don't know, Paul & Beth have one of the nicest RV panels out there. Congrats to Paul & Beth for their exceptional work & dedication. Now, if I could just land my 9A as well as Paul lands it, life would be good.

Thanks for all of the great comments... here is a picture of the panel:

dyro74.jpg

Yup, it's really that nice!

Congratulations Paul & Beth, I sure hate I missed the 1st flight. We saw you guys getting Caddie ready to go on our way to Runway 30 that day. Hey and a big awesome job doing your part getting her through the 1st flight. I can only imagine what ran through your mind when she first lifted off? Good job guys! BTW ...please locate A NEW avatar picture, the old one no longer applies!:cool:

Back