What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is this going to interfere? Picture included.

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
Hi Friends,

As many of you know, the Dynon D-100 and D120 require modification of the ribs the panel is mounted to. I've done that and would like to ask if you guys ahead of me in the build think my mod will interfere with the... I think it's called the "Canopy Brace" which attaches under the tip up above the panel. If you think there will be interference, I'm thinking I'd rather cut a little slot in the tip up canopy brace rather than cut an angle on the forward end of theses angle which I've added on. Thanks in advance.

28lyqlj.jpg

I think it will interfere with the forward portion of the canopy frame (WD-716) as well as the canopy reinforcement brace. Only way to know for sure is to mount the canopy frame.

I made a template of the canopy mounting arm out of cardboard and mounted it the bulkhead, it showed how much room was or wasn't there. Worked great. Larry

It will interfere...

The forward frame of the canopy - with or without the brace - sits just above the panel support ribs. Any structure above these ribs needs to be behind an arc swung from the bottom of the canopy frame and centered on the hinge pin. Cutting a 45 deg angle on the forward edge of your support doubler might do the trick and clear the forward canopy frame.

I have a single D100 on my RV6 and moved the LH support rib to the right to make room. The support rib doesn't line up with the forward deck rib but the assembly is still quite stiff and strong. Problem with the -6 is that the sub-panel to panel gap is much smaller than on the -7 :)

Jim Sharkey

Well.................

Have a look at the photo link - I can assure you no mods were done behind the panel, the canopy is on and fits beautifully.

If you need more shots, email me.

Back