What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is a Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit Required?

RV7ator

Well Known Member
Much like the station license thread, http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=123735. BUT, have any of you ever been asked to produce one ex-USA? I already know the legal answer.

I obtained one back in the 60's, paper not plastic, and it's so dog-eared and ratty as to be nearly undecipherable.

Just another Boston Blue Law. Nobody gives a Rhett Butler.

To steal my own thread, time to abandon nonsense, like announcing "experimental", even the first call to approach or tower (don't get me started about the blatherers who so preface every call). Say something useful, like the type.

John Siebold

even the first call to approach or tower (don't get me started about the blatherers who so preface every call). Say something useful, like the type.

Our operating limitations require it on first call to a Control Tower (approach control doesn't fall within the requirements).
I always make my first call to a tower, "Experimental RV NXXXX" or "Experimental Light Sport RV NXXXX" and then drop the experimental after the first call.

Our operating limitations require it on first call to a Control Tower (approach control doesn't fall within the requirements).
I always make my first call to a tower, "Experimental RV NXXXX" or "Experimental Light Sport RV NXXXX" and then drop the experimental after the first call.

Scott's post is absolutely correct.

EXACTAMUNDO!

:cool:

Back