What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ipad mini cooling panel mount with blower - pay for shipping

bapboi

Ipad mount and blower.jpg

Made some panel upgrades and this is free to a good home. It is an AirGizmos cooling mount for an Ipad mini (4th generation, not sure what else it fits) along with a blower motor and short length of hose. If you have a use for it just pay for shipping and it's yours. I'm thinking USPS flat rate box but will ship however you want. It works well, I've been using it for 4 years on the right side of my 7A running Foreflight on an ipad mini and never had an ipad overheat even in direct sunlight. It will fit in a medium flat rate box for less than $20 to your door.

Bruce
RV-7A (bought flying)

Bruce,
just this AM I ordered a blower for my panel mounted iPad…..! Paid a lot more than FREE for it. Anywho, quick question, did you have the fan venting out through the hose in your installation?

Frank has claimed the ipad mount with blower!
And yes, I had this blower hooked to the AirGizmos mount. It has a fitting on the back for a hose and distributes the cooling air across the back of the ipad. Seemed to work fine for me but then I never had the ipad mounted any other way so I have nothing to compare it to. I know it is possible for an ipad to overheat if placed in direct sunlight and that never happened with this mount so apparently it does work but I have no empirical evidence...
Bruce

Back