What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IPad II Applications

wings05rv6a

Hello everyone, just got my IPAD II and getting lots of practice. I would like to know where I could go to find all of the new programs related to flying my RV6A. Like GPS, Moving MAP, charts, artificial sight and all the neet new stuff.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob:rolleyes:

WingX or ForeFlight will cover most everything you need for aviation....except the skill to pilot and the airplane.:)
Dave (the Swift driver)

And SkyCharts Pro is cheaper and considerably easier to use. I use it and WingX these days, primarily SkyCharts Pro in the air and both during preflight.

Dave

Several handy apps include iBooks. You go to any number of web sites
and open pdf files for things like manuals (Ex. Garmin 496 manual) and
save it in iBooks. You then have it were ever your iPad is. Numbers is
also a great app. I created a excel spread sheet with my airplanes weight
and balance, emailed it to myself, opened the spread sheet in numbers
and now have it saved on my iPad (you can also do this with Dropbox instead of email).

Tom makes a good point. I've loaded iBooks with the PDF manuals for everything I can - the garmin, the autopilot, radio, etc. Has already made my life a LOT easier having all that doc in the plane.

I like Goodreader better for manuals. It allows you to organize them much better than iBooks in my opinion.

foreflight

Love foreflight with geo-referenced charts; about $150 per year. Great for IFR. Haven't looked at a piece of paper in or out of the cockpit in 7 months!

Back