What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO390 RV-14 pricing

IO-390 cheaper than IO-360?

Why is that? Many parts are common. The cylinders and pistons are lower production. Assembly labor the same.

Something tells me the price is not directly coupled to the manufacturing cost.

Superior and BPE team up for the XP-400! Apparently for the same cost as the 390. Man, what to do?

Buy the XP-400.

Maybe you're looking at one thing holding 390 prices in check. A few years with no competition wasn't good for the consumer end. Hug somebody in the Superior booth.

BTW, Barrett created the IO390.

Just noticed a bit in AOPA message recently, new Pipenstril (or however you spell it) Panther is using the 390.

Perhaps production volume is going up, and a factor in the price "reduction"?

Feel free to give me a call to discuss the XP-400. It is a very strong engine, and produces a true 215 hp. Our every day pricing is consistent with what the show price was for the 390, but I believe there was some "fine print" that make the 400 an attractive option for the RV-14 crowd. I will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of potential engine selections with you. I cal also be reached by email at [email protected].

Alternative to IO-390

A great option is the XP-400 and is priced right under $35,000.00. Package this with the right propeller and governor and you can save more $. Other features such as ignition option and more are available. If you would like the specifics email me at [email protected] or call me at 800-292-7767.

Back