What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO 540 Roller Tappet Kit Available Immediately

rgbewley

Well Known Member
Sorry for the blatant commercial plug here folks but I asked Doug and he said I could do whatever I wanted! :D. I have a customer who is facing an indefinite delay in his RV-10 build. He has had his engine on order here for some time and the 540 kit is stock, awaiting assembly. He has authorized me to make his kit available to the market for someone who is looking to purchase an engine.

I have not had a price increase in kits since this individual ordered his engine. However, I have been told by Lycoming that kits will go up effective 1/1/09. I have also been told that with Champion taking over Unison’s magneto lines, we will probably see a 15% price increase in magnetos. If you are close to ordering your engine and want to take delivery prior to the price increases, please let me know and I will honor our 2007 pricing on this kit. If you would like to consider purchasing the engine but are not ready to take delivery until after 1/1/09, I will gladly sell you the kit at ’07 pricing with the exception of any increases in accessory pricing.

The kit can be built as a stock compression, updraft engine or can be modified with cold air induction and/or high compression pistons. Please PM me or contact me at [email protected] if you would like additional details.

Last edited:
Back