What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Invisible Progress

ddnebert

Well Known Member
After spending five hours working on the exterior of my RV-10, I was thinking of this term that seems to account for many days spent - invisible progress. You put in your hours and yet, if someone were to walk in an look at what you were doing there is no appreciable change - over a few weeks to months. Some days that is how it seems to me - plane is on its gear, doors propped open, "spumoni" decor (pink doors, green fiber top, blue filler, grey aluminum). I did manage to get the Sporty's 12" numbers on the sides to make some visible change this week! N62DN, italics to the the right and left.

I guess I am really at that point where they say "90% done, 90% more to go " and yet I really want to get that engine on and start phase 1 testing so I can get to OSH this year... I will be moving to the project hangar around the first of May and have a bunch of leave hours to burn, and the gracious offers of Chapter 186 members to help out. So, here's to getting it over the hump.

Doug.

Back