What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inventory spreadsheet

wirejock

Well Known Member
I use an Excel spreadsheet to document time and costs. I also keep paper documentation and daily notes in a log then transfer time and notes to the Excel sheet and a Google blog (see signature). I've got it set up to total each tab to a master sheet so if I need a new 50k' view it displays total time and money invested per component. Currently it's set up with major parts like tools, shop, empennage, wings, fuse, fwf and engine. Each cost page has columns to track unit cost, shipping, discount, tax, etc. Because tax rates vary, I have to massage the rate formula but most purchases are made from the same places so the copy function takes care if the changes.
So the point to all this is when I received the wing and fuse kits, it made sense to add an inventory tab. It took a few hours but every item from the packing list and every bag list is in the inventory tab. I tried to enter all the data using Vans format so the search function works very well. It should make inventory much easier.
I'm sure others have done similar but I got started and just beat it out. It also is using the same font as the Vans packing sheet so if printed is easy to look at the two together. I even added all the unique part numbers for the tip up and tail wheel stuff. So it should be complete regardless of option. Parts I did not order are shown as deleted.
It does not have an empennage inventory but I do plan to add future Vans kit inventories as I procure them. Maybe if I get bored, I will add the empennage. I still need to finish the physical wing inventory but it should be done in a few a days. There are so many little bags!
If any builders want a copy, I will share on one condition.
All I ask is you pay it forward. Either make a donation to a charity, give some volunteer time, give a ride or just help a Noob like me someday. I will redact personal data and leave the formulas functional.
:D

One more formula

Could you add a feature so if my wife opens it all the figures are automatically multiplied by .5? That would be nifty :D

wife formula

Could you add a feature so if my wife opens it all the figures are automatically multiplied by .5? That would be nifty :D

Sure. Easy peesey. Let's call it the wife formula. Everything will be multiplied by a 50% factor.

I did forget to mention the usual disclaimers apply.
Basically..."it's not my fault if you use it and something doesn't met expectations or causes a divorce!"

Back