What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inventory Quiz (or...I used to know what this was, but...)

WhiskeyTango

I'm New Here
My 7a has been lying fallow for a year now and it's long past time for a final push to complete the kit. In my move from garage to airport some items have been misplaced...in fact I'm still searching for the blueprints! Until I find the full set of plans, I wondered if I could prevail upon the group to identify any parts you may recognize.

Thanks in advance for your help!

%2301%20IMG_0375.jpg

%2302%20IMG_0380.jpg

%2303%20IMG_0388.jpg

01 is the alternator belt and the alternator control harness

03 is engine control (mixture and throttle) cable hardware

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Tom, welcome to VAF. Good to have you aboard.

Photo 1 is the alternator belt, and possibly the plug for the alternator hookup----cant tell for sure.

Photo 2-----????

Photo 3 is accessories for the control cables---dust covers for the two steps in the housings, outer housing mounting hardware, and locking nuts for the inner push rod.

Now, get back to work on the plane. :D

Brantel & Mike....

Thank you both! I have enjoyed lurking in the shadows of this site, but what a wonderful experience it is to throw so little information out to the Internet and receive so much in return.

Vansairforce.net is a terrific site thanks to members like you.

Appreciatively,

Tom

#2 is a rudder stiffener...........

Could be, but I don't see the "cutting guidance" notches that were stamped in the edges of mine.

I lean towards this being the subpanel seal support (the center section) for a tipper. Hard to tell.

Could also be just a random piece of material that they put in the kit for you to use as you see fit.

As I recall there was a few of those in my 10.

A better photo would help;)

All good ideas. I'll keep checking for the plans...and I'll try to get a better shot with measurements when I'm at the hangar Tuesday.

It's an academic question at this point...but I don't want to finish the kit and say "Look at all the parts I didn't need to use!"

More mid week.

T

Back