What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

intro

YOZOA

I'm New Here
Hello VAF. I've been spying this site for a few months. Tons of input here. I figure a tail kit build at a facility in EUG then a QB order in the fall is my plan. It would be easier to choose a model if there weren't so many choices. For me...RV9.

Welcome

Welcome fellow RVer. EUG. I am up at SLE and there are a couple at CVO near you. One of them post here often. Of course Van's is just up the road for parts. You are in a great location. Welcome aboard. Have you decided on the options: Slider vs tip up; fixed pitch vs C/S; engine choice; etc?

May have confused you a bit. I'm near Bonners Ferry, ID. I plan on building a tail kit at EUG. As for the Rv9, slider, O-320, fixed. Probably keep my 8KCAB for unwinding or winding up...depending how one looks at it.

Good choice,

I built my tail kit at Synergy Air. It was a good program, well worth the cost.

Have you planned how to get the tail home? It will more than fill a 8ft bed full size pickup and you will not be able to shut either the tail gate or cap door in the rain on a dark and stormy night ( Don't ask how I know).

They also have a Quickbuild class, also very good. However, I took it way too soon. If my experience is typical, take your estimate of time to build, then double it once or twice, then schedule the class.

whd721, Synergy. Went there for their 'basics' class. Gave me a good intro and great impression of what they have to offer. As for transport, I'll strap the horizontal to the roof of my wagon. Thinking that after the emp is done I'll order the QB's. Will be easy for me to direct time toward the project over the winter, nearly full time (i don't work for a living, i did, but done). Then, the Synergy QB class (if available) in the spring.

Last edited:
I've transported a fully built tail kit in my Mazda 6 hatchback and also in a minivan. Lay the seats down flat and put one end of the HS up on the dash. The other pieces are easy to fit inside the vehicle.

Good luck on your project! It will be a fun experience.

Welcome!

Welcome to the fray! I can't decide if I liked building or flying better - actually I love both!

Enjoy the journey!

Back