What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intro

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Well I finally stopped lurching around and donated to the fund and signed up today.
I hope this year in Feb to start construction of an RV-7 I have already done the training kit and for most parts it turned out pretty good.

I am a corporate pilot and flight instructor but have not done much instructing in the last 20 years but kept the rating current to keep copilots and rental pilots current in the aircraft we fly.

I am sure I'll have many frustrations and I have seen many that folks have.
We still have to sell a house we have in Buford before the quickbuild sessions starts after I order the tail kit.

Being 60... I have tossed with the thoughts of building vs buying one. It is just my wife and I who will be flying and and to be able to get around the country quick for the years I have left flying.

Just a hello.
Great site and it seems like a great bunch of guys that go the extra mile
to help fellow builders to that my hat is off to you.

Respectfully
Jack Hunt
AKA Smilin' Jack
EAA/AOPA
Cumming, Georgia

Welcome Jack!

Jack nice to have you here! You've contributed already and it won't be long when you offer "how-to make it" to future builders. You live in a beautiful area where several builders are already flying and couple projects are under construction. I visited those woods a year ago on my way to Key West and stayed with a local RV Hotel. Welcome Sir!

Any time an RV'er wants to stay over night or two or.... Just call me up or email.

Jasper Georgia, Pickins County KJZP is close about 22 minutes great fuel prices and even though I fly out of KPDK I come and get ya. provided I am in town. Just email me.

Jack
How does one get a VAN's airforce number... will the host issue one.

Well since you are in Cumming, don't be a stranger. Happy to show you my 8 in Athens, and as you undoubtedly know, there are lot's of great folks within a short holler that can assist in any way.

Welcome to the "Force"

I am certain there are no age limits

Jack,
I am also 60 no kids at home and bought part of my kit from a terrific guy in Tulsa, Okla (Jim King). We also wanted to get around quickly and debated on build or buy. I believe we made the right decision. I started on the finish kit last month (7A). Good luck and have a great time.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Marshall I'd love to see your RV 8.

Also to P.Hunt who has given me a lot of information.

Decisions,

I guess I should figure out how to get a VAF number...

Jack

Thanks Jack I owe you one

To all pilots. I'm so glad to reconnect with Jack after all these years. Jack solo'd me just after 7 hours way back when which may or may not attest to his judgement. What an instructor. He's the one by which all others were measured. Sorry you are so far away from KGXY. I'm pretty handy with a bucking bar!
Good luck with the project. Try to do a little everyday and you'll finish!

Welcome Jack

Good to have you! No doubt the -7 will be a nice diversion from flying the corporate iron.

Enjoy the journey!

Back