What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Internal component primers

flyboy96

Hi guys, I've got enough done on my HS to start smashing rivets but I'm having a hard time finding a primer that I can use in an spray can for small parts and still buy it in larger amounts for the big jobs. I really don't want to have to set up my spray gun for each little part. I've talked some automotive paint supply stores as well as Aircraft Spruce and they all say there is no product out that will do both. Help.

Ted

Caution, caution...

Primer war is about to start...

I hope not but to answer you question, here is what I used. The handle is from the aviation finishing department at Home Depot.

(Click on Picture)

SW

My auto paint store stocks 12oz cans of Sherwin-Williams self etching primer. P/N 338 or 388 or something like that. Most auto paint stores can make up spray cans containing any product (for a price, of course).

CRS,
Steve

I did find some spray can primers but not that I can buy in liquid form to prime the larger components when a spray can isn't practicle.

...I'm having a hard time finding a primer that I can use in an spray can for small parts and still buy it in larger amounts for the big jobs.
The SEM primer Bill posted a pic of above is available in Spray Cans, Quarts, and Gallons. See here for p/n's. Good luck!

Back